Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tutorial: La Tempête’s Hessian Heart Garland

Hi there! I have been wanting to make something simple to decorate for Valentine's Day without being too over the top. I've also been seeing a lot of people making all sorts of things out of hessian/burlap; pillows, art etc. I also had some hessian my MIL spotted on sale at our local craft store. TA DA! An idea was born.


I wanted a simple, modern and unfussy look. I hope you like my Hessian Heart Garland! It's REALLY easy to make. I've included a tutorial below just in case anyone would like to make their own.

The picture above is a bit  blurry and bluish, what is up with that, camera?!?! In the tute you can see the hearts are a bit pinker and see more detail on the hessian. This project cost me nothing as I used things from my stash. If I were to estimate, it would be under $10.




5 comments:

B : ) said...

Fantastic in it's own humble simplicity. I love it!

Why don't you come on over to my blog and visit a while

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I love it. I have never heard burlap called Hessian?? Thanks for sharing the link.

Erin Marie said...

Totally unrelated to the hessian heart garland, but my friend Bec also has a blog that talks a bit about craft stuff, and I thought you might like to check it out.

http://mamabec.blogspot.com/2010/01/more-singlet-creations.html

I particularly thought of you in this entry because of the funky fabric reference!

Lori said...

Look great!

Thanks for joining my party Get your craft on Thurs. I hope you join me next week. Mr. Linky disappeared for a while tonight I thought I lost all of my guest, but it finally came back. I will not be using Mr. Linky anymore!

Sarah said...

What a great idea. Your garland is fabulous! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. :)
God's blessings,
Sarah