Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Toddler hat

Today I tried out this cuuuute tute on U-Create, a guest tute by Abby from Sew Much Ado.

The name - 4-In-1 Bucket Hat.



The verdict - yes.

What a great tute!

I really enjoyed making my first hat...it can be a bit tricky to get the seams right between crown and band, but now I have made one, I think it would be much easier next time. These ones are a bit crooked, but to be honest, when it's worn I could not tell. I've heard hat sewing is a somewhat learnt skill.



I still have at least another 2 to make, one for another hat needing child and one for a baby shower. The child wearing the hat in the pics actually had a head measurement of 1 and a half inches more than the measurement given in the pattern, it still fits fine and also fits a child of the pattern's head measurement. The child pictured was cajoled  asked once to look down for the photo, it doesn't actually cover their eyes but gives good sun coverage.

This was a great tutorial. Thanks Abby, and Kari too, of course.

Fabric is a cute Japanese print - D's Selection Tip Top. A beautiful medium weight cotton...a dream to sew with. Had that lovely, buttery designer feel to it. Yum. Thanks Mater, for the great pressie!

1 comment:

Knitting Storm said...

I love it, looks fabulous!!!Great ideas on your site.