Source: The Rubber Punkin
Here's my little owl.
I decided to topstitch around him in a constrasting thread to secure the opening and basically to reinforce it against little teeth just a little more.
He's really quite lovely.
Here's a picture for some size perspective.
Here it is (above) before a final iron...
It was quite fun to make, and they seemed to like it :D. I put a newborn nappy inside with a packet of wipes, and paired it with the owl and a bottle of baby shampoo.
It all went in a homemade (thanks to the overlocker/serger) orange organza bag, tied with organza orange and yellow ribbons.
Next time I will try a fabric flap, this time I used some cotton twill tape.