Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Knee deep in crafting

Oh, how exciting, I can now return to the sewing machine! It has been frustrating confining my efforts to hand sewing while I've been healing.

I've been working on a sewing project for a friend's birthday next week...I wanted to give myself enough time to get it finished, was not sure how long I would be able to sit at the machine. I had no trouble finishing it though. YAY!

No photos...not until next week when the birthday has passed!

I also have an apron to get cracking on for a friend of mine, which I hope to start next week. I am so pleased I will be able to sit down and just sew...bliss. I've been enjoying flicking through my patterns in preparation. I was lucky enough to get a book of Japanese apron patterns a while back, so I will most likely choose one of those or modify another pattern. The vibe is pink and girly. It depends on what pattern I choose as to what material can be used...and there are so many lovely patterns!


In other news; my house is coughing and spluttering. At least the people inside are. Yuck. I really hate being sick, yet I am one of those people that gets whatever is getting passed around, lucky me.

1 comment:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I'm sorry everyone's sick! I hope ya get feeling better. Can't wait to see all the magic you work. :)