I'm making aprons at the moment; having a lot of fun learning some new techniques and designing my own based on what I think an apron should be like :)
I tried out bias binding tape the other day on one of my 'concept aprons' (ie one that I make and change as I go along, noting mistakes so I can improve on them for the 'real' aprons). I guess other sewers would call it a 'muslin' of sorts.
Trust me there was swearing involved and the results of my first try at bias binding is not blog worthy lol. But being me, I just had to give it another go. And by golly, I would go into it guns blazing this time. I would be prepared!
So I googled how tos. The best one by far was Angry Chicken's youtube. Try it! Bias binding now involves no/greatly reduced swearing; wish I had checked it out before my first attempt!