Nanna's Jam Drops
2 cups self raising flour
½ cup butter
¾ cup sugar
dollops of jam
Beat the butter and sugar to cream and add eggs, beat well.
Add flour to make a dough. Form into round balls.
Press a thumb print into each, fill this indent with jam. Bake in a quick oven (I use 200 C/393 F for 15 mins).
La Tempête's notes:
- I usually use 2 eggs.
- I love these with raspberry jam
- Instead of making balls and squashing them, I roll mix into a log, wrap with plastic wrap and freeze for about 10-15 mins. Then I slice off little discs. Just like the frozen biscuit tubes you can buy in the supermarket. It keeps for a while in the freezer, so I try and keep a log there for when unepected visitors drop by.
- Cocoa, shredded coconut and peppermint essence to taste
- Smashed up cornflakes and raisins/sultanas
- Lemon curd instead of jam
- I don't put jam in the flavoured ones
Let me know if you make some :)