Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A fruit cake recipe for you

I'm just about to make my Nanna's fruit cake to take along to the family Christmas as requested and thought I would share the recipe with you.

It's a great recipe to make as a gift as it's not hugely rich like some fruit cakes, nor is their any alcohol in it. I like all different kinds of fruit cake, but this one is light and moist and scrummy.

La Tempete's Nanna's Eggless Fruit Cake

Place in saucepan:


2 cups milk
2 cups mixed fruit
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 tablespoons sugar

Bring to boil and add 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda.

Stir well, cool a little and add 2 cups self raising flour & 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Beat well.

Line a cake tin with baking paper and bake in moderate over, 1 hour.

Chopped dried apricots, nuts etc can be added if desired.

(c) My Nanna!

No comments: