Tuesday, November 11, 2008

English. It's important, people.

I think it's important that I express how much it frustrates me when people grossly misuse the English language. I'm not talking about turn of phrase or a simple mistake. For instance, people sometimes tell me spelling and punctuation does not matter.

Before I go on, I'm sure you'll find the occasional typo and grammatical misdemeanour in this blog of mine. It matters to me though! BTW, abbreviations and smilies will be used. It is a blog after all. I rebel against American spelling, so you may see a 'u' or two that you consider out of place.

If anyone else out there feels rage when they see the fruit shop that sells carrot's and potato's, you know what I mean and how I feel.

I strongly suggest reading the book Eats, Shoots and Leaves. What a great book for all us grammar vigilantes out there.

1 comment:

The Outsider said...

I must say, hear hear and all that.