Sunday, May 30, 2010

Owl Softie


I have been on the look out for something to make for a friend's baby shower. She's having a baby boy :D

Well, I was running out of time, so I was really glad to see The Rubber Punkin's Owl Softie Ribbon Tutorial again. I had seen it ages ago and 'meant' to make it but had not gotten around to it. Ah. Like so many projects.

Here's Emily's version:


Cute, huh? I thought I would give the tutorial a try.

Here's my little owl.


I decided to topstitch around him in a constrasting thread to secure the opening and basically to reinforce it against little teeth just a little more.



He's really quite lovely.

Here's a picture for some size perspective.


Very easy to follow pattern and tutorial. Thanks, Emily.

I made up one of Noodlehead's Diaper Pouches to go with my little owl. I found it to be a very good tute.

Here it is (above) before a final iron...

It was quite fun to make, and they seemed to like it :D. I put a newborn nappy inside with a packet of wipes, and paired it with the owl and a bottle of baby shampoo.

It all went in a homemade (thanks to the overlocker/serger) orange organza bag, tied with organza orange and yellow ribbons.

Next time I will try a fabric flap, this time I used some cotton twill tape.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Wow. I don't even have time to get to my mending pile. You are amazing!

(I'm bloghopping around behind Cjane.)